Sunday 24 April 2011

Why Do People Assume The "Cajun" or "Creole" Label Guarantees Good Food?

I'm from New Orleans, La, and each time I go out of town or in a city, I see some sort of bistro advertising cajun cooking and creole food. Most of the time I check out the eatery due to the fact I miss home so much I decided to try my so called "home cooked food". Needless to say, it is horrendous. I have been to 15 so called Cajun Cooking and "creole" food restaurants and none of them even compare to actual New Orleans native food. First, New Orleans food is not Cajun Cooking, but creole french cooking.

I see a lot of folks ask for a gumbo recipe, and it just aggravates me, when they try to short change our style of cooking. I feel as though if you are not going to cook the recipe from scratch, then your are not receiving a New Orleans taste of CUISINE, you are finding someone different's cusine, I mean the whole point of preparing food it is simply because you have been desire it right? Even so I simply wish to let these people perceive who adore gumbo, but desire the formula to try and get it from the natives and not most online pretend recipe. If you necessity my formula or a indigenous internet site I can offer it to you. I simply want individuals to respect our culture and fruit. An average gumbo takes a day or so. if you can prepare dinner gumbo in two or 6 hrs it is not the true thing. Additionally; lets not try to imitate other peoples culture. do it the way it suppose to be done.

These are the items in a gumbo: shrimp, crabs, hen, onions, celery, red, yellow, green peppers, okra, gizzards, oysters, tomatos and parsley. If you do not have all of these things in your gumbo, especially the seafood, then you are not consuming New Orleans cuisine. Also, we do not put CRAWFISH in gumbo. There are hundred's of genuine cajun pots and pans that include crawfish, but gumbo is NOT one of them! Don't put New Orleans's name on a cusine when it is not the orginal recipe, simply because you wanna make money simply prefer everyone different in this troubled economy. You gotta do what you gotta do.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment